With stories about the swine flu all around us, it is not hard to become worried. But there is no use and no reason to panick. Falling in the other extreme -just ignoring the whole situation- is definitely not something wise either. Best thing you can do is to be prepared and do all you can to protect yourself against this virus.
Here are some simple and handy, but at the same useful and efficient things you can do to protect yourself from the swine flu virus. Most of them involve strenthening your immune system, so that you are far less likely to get infected.
- Optimize your vitamin levels. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Get sunshine. Rays from the sun activate chemical processes in the body that support the immune system and create vitamin D- which is essential for optimal health and which is a very good help in avoiding infections. To have a good amount of vitamin D, you should get at least 30 minutes of direct sunlight a day.
Supplements are a good way to make sure you get all the vitamins you need. Here are a few supplements that we recommend:
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid is also very important because it recycles vitamins C and E, along with bringing a whole bunch of other health benefits.
- Avoid sugar and processed foods. Sugar decreases the function of your immune system. Canned and packed foods are stripped of vitamins and often contain chemical additives that the body’s immune system has to work to remove.
- Relieve stress and get enough rest. Excessive stress depresses the immune system. And if your body is fatigued it will be harder for it to fight the flu.
- Exercise. Exercises improves circulation, which helps deliver white blood cells (the workforce of our immune system) to every part of our body, and this way they can find an illness fast, before it spreads. Exercise not only strengthens your muscles, but your immune system as well.
- Take a good source of animal based omega-3 fats like Krill Oil. Omega-3 is crucial for maintaining good health.
- Consume garlic. Garlic works like a great natural antibiotic. And if you don’t like the taste of it or if you want to avoid the smell, there are garlic extract supplements that you might want to consider taking. Allimax is a great garlic extract supplement!
- Wash your hands. This way you will decrease the possibility of spreading viruses to your mouth, nose, eyes or other people.
I hope you find this tips helpful. I wish you all the best! And stay healthy!