There are so many exciting things going on with the GlideCycle and we want to share them with our friends. So, here is a little update:
- We are glad to see the GlideCycle in BusinessWeek magazine! Take a look: GlideCycle in BusinessWeek and it would be awesome if you could leave a comment below the photo. Thanks a lot! We appreciate your support!
- We had a very exciting weekend working with a client with Post-Polio Syndrome who drove up from the Nappa area to demo our new prototype GlideTrike and QuadriGlider. We had a great time and all learned a lot from the experience. The client use to be able to spend 1 minute exercising on a treadmill due to pain and fatigue and was able to manage several 5-15 minute exercise sessions in her aerobic exercise zone for the first time with no pain or problems the next day. She was so excited that she purchased and took home a GlideTrak and placed a down payment for David to build her a QuadriGlider, although she did quite well on the Trike also. The QuadriGlider will allow her to exercise and move outdoors with family and friends.
- A well known athlete and inspirational speaker, Amanda Boxtel, who is undergoing stem cell injections for Quadriplegia is testing the units out sometime next week and will introduce David Vidmar and the products to others in need who would like to become involved in the project.
- Two adaptive sport programs in Boston and New Hampshire are teaming up to work with foundations and funding sources for GlideCycle programs.
- The Dominican Rehabilitation System in Santa Cruz just loved the GlideCycles and GlideTrak and are making purchases this week, as are a couple of patients that were selected to demo them, one as a recovering C5 quadriplegic mountain biker and one gal in her 60’s with bilateral BKA and bilateral total hip replacements. They want to utilize GlideCycles for rehabilitation, employee and community wellness programs and develop a model to present to over 240 associated hospitals in their system throughout the US.
We are excited to see great things going on and we are glad to be able to share them with you. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The GlideCycle Team